Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lil Blue Coop

Yesterday I woke up feeling sick and stayed in bed to drink my coffee. Maia decided to make breakfast for Terran and I so that I could rest. I tried to just stay inside and rest all day but the amount of work to be done finally got to me after a lunch picnic with the kids under the star dome. I put another coat of paint on the roof to the chicken coop, changing the color from pale blue to a slightly darker gray-blue. I think the paint was originally Jamie's "Creeps Blue" but it works great for this. Today I spent the day painting the rest of the coop bright blue, the same color as the kids' room. Maia and Terran helped for a little while before deciding to dive into the brush to build forts behind the trailer. I'm hoping to have the coop in it's new place and all set up by the end of the weekend. I need to also build a run but I'm not sure how much more materials I will have to buy for this yet.

Today I also built a small deck out of scrap redwood that I got from Craigslist. It's pretty simple and is a good place for the kids to play. I'm slowly filling in the trench from the water line too, because I am impatient waiting for the backhoe crew to come back and I want my front yard back. I've filled in enough now that the backhoe won't have to come too close to the trailer.

Tomorrow I will take the kids into Livermore for errands, a park play day with other homeschoolers and then to San Jose for Maia's orthodontist appointment. We'll stay the night there and I will be with them Friday until Chris gets home from work and then I will head back home without them for the weekend. This new life is full of little rituals that I am still getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment